Boxing is a direct contact with your opponent. It’s one of the dreadful games that have the high risk of fatal injuries to the boxers. These injuries even occur during the training apart from in the ring. Everyday practice becomes more difficult with such incidents happening repeatedly.It’s essential to be aware of few worst injuries happened in the past so that you are prepared for the matches.
Before we share the tips to prevent these injuries, check out the types of boxing injuries:
1. Hasim Rahman and Evander Holyfield: Hasim has remained one of the toughest boxing champions for many opponents. In several matches, he shocked the world by his brilliant boxing skills until he met his opponent, Evander Holyfield. Evander is known for his technique of using his head to almost killing his opponents. It was purely unintentional when he hurt Rahman to the worse. By round 8, Rahman’s head was swollen, and a lump was formed at the size of a baseball.
2. Edison Miranda and Arthur Abraham: The match between the two was held in 2006. Arthur is tough and rugged, who came out equally competent to another popular fighter, Edison Miranda. It is also believed that it turned out more like a war of politics than the boxing game where Miranda broke Abraham’s jaw on a worse note at two places. Abraham continued to fight with courage and won the match. However, he was later operated by fixing 22 screws and two titanium plates.
3. Evander Holyfield II and Mike Tyson: We bet you have heard about the world’s popular boxers, Evander Holyfield II and Mike Tyson. Evander was always known for his tough head-butts during the matches; he managed to make a large cut over Tyson’s right eye during the round 2 itself.To further continue the rage, Tyson bit Evander’s ears and was disqualified from the match.
4. Rocky Juarez and Jorge Barrios: During the 11th round of a match, Barrios suffered a disastrous cut on his upper lip caused by Rocky. It was his stamina and courage that he stood up for long and fought again. However, after some time he realized that the piece of meat was hanging from Barrios’s upper lip and the right was immediately called off.
5. Erik Morales and Marcos Maidana: The match was more like humor the people who took Erik very lightly due to his reputation in the precious matches. On the other side, Marcus was the hardest puncher known. After knowing this fact, Erik continued to fight with Maidana that further seemed almost like a suicide to them. After some punches by Maidana, Erik’s eye was so swollen that he realized he was fighting the match with only one eye. Erik continued to fight with courage and played the entire 12 rounds, winning the game. The match turned out to be a shock for the world who never believed Erik would win.
We wish you all the best for boxing and advice that you take all the necessary precautions to avoid any fatal boxing injuries during matches.