There are various types of boxing gloves and different brands to confuse you. These vary as per the styles and weights. Even the prices differ. It’s natural to get confused. We are also unsure about the gloves that we are buying at a higher price is worth or not. Refer to this guide before you select the boxing gloves so that you don’t end up in a mess as a beginner.
Guide to Choose the Best Boxing Gloves:
1. Pick the correct size: Any boxing glove size is described in the ounce or oz. The majority of these gloves in standard sizes such as 8, 10, 12, 14, and 16 oz. Every size will vary as per its weight too. Although the size and weight go along for these gloves, it doesn’t mean that these gloves weight the same as their size. Your trainer will be able to tell you which size is idle for you for practicing.
2. Choose the right type: Don’t get lured by the appealing pictures and colors shown by the sellers. The different types of boxing gloves include bag gloves, Sparring gloves, Fighting gloves, Muay Thai, Cardio Gloves, Training Gloves, etc. It depends on what level of training you are at for your boxing skills. Based on your practice and level of training, these gloves may keep changing to make you professional with every level passed.
3. Check the flexibility: Buy flexible gloves. Flexible gloves are mainly used for martial artists. If you are doing a mixed martial arts training, then your gloves need to be flexible enough to practice different types of punches. For those practicing on punching bags must use thick padded gloves. Boxers competing in the ring must go for lighter gloves in the size of 10 oz or below. In case you are still confused about how to choose it, go for the multi-purpose glove.
4. Choose branded gloves: Yes! Brand does matter as due to the image and credibility any competing brand will offer you the best boxing gloves. There are many brands available on the online sports shopping sites. A few good brands to name are, Cleto Reyes, Winning gloves, Grant, Rival, Ringside, etc. Winning is one of the most used boxing gloves by professional boxers. Everlast is one of the famous brands too as the brand is attached to sports for almost a 100 year. Their gloves are cheaper over other brands. The gloves range from low to higher prices as per your budget.
Check out other brands on the web that fits your budget and confirm with your trainer before you buy these.
5. Choose the right color: Color in boxing gloves matters. Light colors are a wise option during practice sessions as your trainer catches your punches easily.Red is less visible to the eyes and that is one of the reasons why the boxing of the opponent is affected. If you notice, most boxes go for red or blue color.